The Young Doctors Club is a vibrant community-based, longitudinal, health-sciences educational pipeline program developed to introduce students from medically underserved areas to health science curricula and careers. The program was founded at Lawndale Community Church, in the west side Chicago community of
North Lawndale. The program model consists of curricula designed, developed, and administered by medical students, and reinforced by parental involvement. Objectives include building an academic foundation through hands-on activities; exposure to health professionals and careers; mentorship; and teaching students to be community leaders in service.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Exposing students to healthcare professions including medicine, nursing, dentistry, and pharmacy via mini med days and speaking events with healthcare professionals/students.
- Making science fun with experiments and field trips.
- Hands on application of lessons via dissections.
- Showcasing Young Doctors talents.
- Giving back to community.
- Encouraging and empowering students.
- Developing leadership skills and the opportunity for kids to mentor younger students.
- Creating a pipeline to have students accomplish professional goals and to return to the community to empower future generations.
Leave a Reply
Health Fair May 1st 2022 Young Doctors Club Reunion May 1st 2022
Hours & Info
5:30-7:30pm (In person)